Last updated: March 31, 2021
Please read this Policy carefully before using our website or Services. By using our website and Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our collection, use, and disclosure of information as described below. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, you may choose not to use the website or our Services. Your use of our Services is also subject to any applicable Terms of Service or other agreements.
Please note that we provide many of our Services to organizations, such as schools, school districts, colleges, universities, camps, churches, faith-based institutions, non-profits, and other youth enrichment and community organizations (collectively, “Organizations”). These Organizations have their own privacy practices relating to your information. This Policy does not apply to those practices and we do not control them.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
“Personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to contact you. You may provide, and we may collect, various types of personal information through our website and Services, which can be grouped as follows:
- Contact, profile, and registration information – We may collect certain information from you when you use, register for, or set up a profile through one of our Services, including your name, email address, address, telephone number, username, and user ID.
- Organizational Information –Through your use of our Services, we may collect certain types of information relating to the Organization with which you are affiliated, such as the Organization’s name, type, and contact information, and your position at the Organization.
- Service Use Information – After you register to use or set up an account for one of our Services, you may be able to provide additional personal information through the Service, as well as information regarding any Organization with which you are affiliated. For example, some of our Services allow you to provide information about performances and other events in which you are participating. In certain circumstances, such information may also be provided by third parties, such as other individuals at the Organization, parents, teachers, or administrators who have accounts with our Services.
- Website Use information – We may collect information regarding your interactions with our website, the frequency and duration of your visits, and how and when you use our Services.
- Payment Information – Some of Vanco’s Services will allow you to make, and will process, payments for events and other items. In doing so, we collect details regarding the payment transaction, which can include the amount of the transaction, payment card information, and purchaser’s name and address. To ensure this information is secure, Vanco uses advanced technologies and follows stringent security guidelines. Specifically, Vanco complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- Inquiry information – If you contact us through our website, email, or otherwise, we may collect information about you, your inquiries, and any communications with us. Likewise, if you post comments on blogs available on our websites, we may collect and store those comments. We may request you participate in surveys from time to time, and will store the responses to such surveys.
- Communications via Services – Some of our Services may permit you to communicate with other users, including through messages or notes. We may, at our discretion, monitor the communications that take place on our Services in order to protect our Users and monitor the effectiveness of our Service. You acknowledge that you do not have an expectation of privacy with respect to such communications via our Services and consent to such monitoring.
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, we use technologies (discussed below) that may automatically collect information about you regarding your use of our website and Services. We may combine this information with other personal information we collect from you.
IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited. Likewise, when you access our Services using a mobile device, we may collect a unique identification number associated with your device, details regarding the device type, and, depending on your device settings, geographical location information relating to the device.
Web Beacons. Our website may use web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track the pages and content that you access and view.
How We Use Your Information
In addition to the uses discussed above, we use the information we collect about you, including your personal information, to:
- operate, maintain, and provide you and your Organization with the Services for which you have registered;
- present the content of our website and Service platforms to you;
- optimize your experience as a user of our website or Services;
- respond to inquiries from you or your Organization regarding our Services;
- send you Service-related emails and messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, changes or updates regarding features of the Service, and technical or security notices) and provide customer support and manage our relationship with you or your Organization;
- permit other users of the Service to contact you;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, Services;
- process any payment transactions submitted through our Services; and
- perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices regarding Your Information” below.
Disclosure of Your Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Business units within Vanco and to any companies owned by or under common ownership with Vanco. These companies may use your personal information in the same manner as we can under this Policy.
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide products and services to you or your company, or that assist us in improving our business operations and the products and services we provide.
- Religious Organizations that you select or to which you donate money using our Services. We share some of your information with those Organizations in order to allow them to communicate with you.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service or comply with a subpoena or investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. To the extent we ever send you non-Service emails, you can stop receiving those emails by clicking the “unsubscribe link” in the email. We endeavor to promptly process any unsubscribe requests. You may not, however, opt out of the Service-related emails, as described above.
Further, Organizations and users of our Services have the ability to review, correct, and delete personal information that they have provided by accessing and updating that information through the Services. While Organizations should be handling correction and deletion requests for their users directly, they may contact Vanco directly to do so. If you have questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. You can also choose not to provide us with certain information requested through our website, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites and in certain situations you may be transferred to a third-party website but it may appear that you are still on this Site. These websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. While we make efforts to choose the links on our website carefully, we cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Protection and Storage of Your Information
We understand the importance of safeguarding your information and take appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware, however, that no security measures or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Please note that we may store and process your information in the United States. The United states may have laws regarding data collection and use that are different from, or less stringent than, the laws in your home country.
Vanco is located in the United States. Our website and its Services are intended for use by individuals and Organizations in the United States and Canada. We do not seek personal information about individuals outside the United States and Canada. Accordingly, our collection of personal information and other data through our website and subsequent use and disclosure of that data is subject only to the laws of the United States and Canada, as applicable.
Vanco does not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users for its Services. While Vanco may receive certain information for children under 13 that a parent or Organization provides through our Services, the Services are not directed at children under that age. In registering for Services, Organizations, parents, and other users are required to certify that they will not permit or request that children under 13 submit information to the Service directly without adult supervision.
Please note that, in order to use some of our Services, the user may need access to an ID number issued by the Organization offering the Service. Certain of our Services may include options that allow you to enter an email address or phone number that is shared with teachers, administrators, or other individuals affiliated with the Organization. By entering that information, you are authorizing them to contact you or your student.
Vanco maintains separate policies and procedures relating to children’s privacy. Please contact Vanco at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
California Residents’ Rights and Do-Not-Track Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If applicable, California law gives you the right to send us a request at the email address designated below to receive the following information: (1) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information. If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name or examples of the products or services marketed, we may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is email@example.com.
Please note that Vanco does not honor “Do Not Track” signals and such signals will not impact the operation of our website.
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. We will post change here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at:
Vanco Payment Solutions
400 Northridge Road, Suite 1200
Atlanta, GA 30350